Friday, July 8, 2016

A Message from Your New Assistant Principal-Dr. Sherica Jones-Lewis



It truly is an honor to be joining your community at such a time of great promise for our students. I especially am pleased to be returning to the southern feeder pattern.  My professional experience includes serving for six years as a math teacher at Yancey Elementary School and five years at Burley Middle School, teaching the sixth grade.

A native of our area, I am from Charlottesville and a graduate of the University of Mary Washington where I obtained my B.S. in English and an M.S. in Elementary Education.  I have a certificate in eTeaching and eLearning, and both an Ed.S. and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Liberty University.  Presently, I live in Madison, Virginia, with my husband and three sons.

My most important personal goal is to actively work with our principal to provide the leadership for Walton students to learn, grow, and achieve.  Parents, teachers, support staff, and administrators all have important roles in helping us to achieve this goal for all students. 

As Mr. Walton noted in his note earlier this week, we are hosting two Meet and Greet occasions, for this purpose.  They will be held next Wednesday, July 13th from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m., and next Thursday, July 14th between 9 and 11 a.m.  We hope to see you on one of these dates. 

It is my heartfelt desire that our students acquire the skills to become productive citizens and to understand and use the power of teamwork, positive focus, growth mindset, and flexible thinking. With a strong family, school, community connection I am confident we will make Walton a world-class place to learn and grow!

Have a restful and rejuvenating summer and please feel free to contact Mr. Walton or me if you have any questions, comments, or would like to discuss the needs of your student or our school.   

Best, 

Dr. Sherica D. Jones-Lewis
Assistant Principal
Leslie H. Walton Middle School